Chansung Elle Korea 2016 July Edition Interview


Chansung Elle Korea 2016 July Edition Interview
Source: Elle Korea
Scans: mango_Shin2 via Twitter

Chansung’s Spice of Life
Mr. Summer
It was essential to meet Hwang Chansung who is alike the season of summer where the laundry dries up during the midday.
His cool energy, that jumps up all he wants and roams freely, shook and woke the impulse to play. Like this summer.


"Will it? I tried to find the reasons and answers; however in the midst of wondering alone, it only got harder. Therefore, I met up with a psychology professor to share a conversation and even study. I thought why were the words in the writing were used, what is the meaning this sentence holds, etc. and read a book as if I was studying. Like this, my understanding towards people went up and the complex thoughts in my head were organized. Now, if I can't understand someone's words and/or actions, I move on thinking 'they must have a reason.'"


Do you perhaps think I want to live like someone?
Well. When I hear someone got successful and earn however much money, I do get jealous, but I do not want to be the person. No matter how much money you have, it will not insure happiness. If I make everything I want happen, I think the passion I pour out for success will disappear. I too want to make a lot of money. However, I find it depressing if I lose the passion towards working.


What is the greatest element that gives you the sense of fun towards work?
It is curiosity. I am a person who is curious about many things. I always want to learn something new. Just like I mentioned earlier, I try to observe and understand others. This propensity can be a good trait for the work that I do. With my analysis and experience, I'm sure I can be creative and be expressive. I think it is only my own look and character. If a different actor plays the same role as me, they will not be able to copy me. This makes my work more fun.


We were conversing about 'Actor Hwang Chansung,' but let's also talk about '2PM's Chansung.' Among 2PM's songs, there are your self composed songs, you do still write lyrics?
I have a couple stacking up. Recently, I wrote two songs for the album we are preparing for, but they were rejected. It's a 2PM album, but since I wrote ballads...


Exactly what is 2PM's color?
We were often called as 'beastly idols' from our debut. However, I can't strictly explain this wild and beastly image. I want to last as a group where women view us as reliable, and want to lean on us. As to where men view and admit that we are cool.


This August, there will be a 'JYP Nation' concert where the artists under the label come out with full force. Within the label, where does 2PM stand?
We are the ones with the highest seniority. Therefore we want to leave a good precedent. We have to demand the company in order complete requirements to set a comfortable environment for the juniors to promote.


Then what kind of existence does 2PM have within the Korean music industry? Nation's representative...
If we are? I think so. Even now we are touring in Japan for 2PM's concerts. Junho, Wooyoung, and Jun.K have back to back solo album promotions in Japan. There aren't that many groups who have activities to this extent. Even so, 2PM are at a veteran mile. That's if you exclude TVXQ and Big Bang. Ah, there's also Girls' Generation.





It nice to see you full of energy. What's fun these days for you?
Drinking often at a food truck and chatting. We joke around, laugh, and chat. I want to spend my time happily. I enjoy meeting people and sharing a conversation. Once I grow interest towards others, I develop habits depending on the person's propensity and actions. Discovering my habits are also fun.


Are you an easy person to talk to?
I try to match along to the other person. I don't like it when others to feel uncomfortable because of me.


At interview sessions, editors want honest answers. Do you think you tend to converse honestly?
I don't personally bring out my honest thoughts, but I package it with my thoughts so it will not appear plausible. These days, I have it well organized, so I try to talk without mentioning unnecessary things. I had not caused worry through my words.


Compared to other 27 year-olds, you experienced all sorts of hardships.
I guess so since I made my debut when I was high school student. Whenever I read scripts, I notice sense that I have quite a lot of experience. I can't explain this in words, but these aren't easily understood situations and emotions either. It's the same when I talk to the directors at the set. Besides empathy of era, we can relate to each other well. I even pay close attention to children that appear older.


How did your attitude towards work changed throughout the time you debuted til now?
When I was younger, I think I tried my best to gain popularity. Even if I was popular, I wanted more, but I didn't know. That you will have popularity and then it disappears within seconds. Now, I'm just grateful that there are people who like me. (Park) Jinyoung told me this, "All that's left is skill. If you have skill, then you can have a long run like me."


The role 'Nam Bonggi' you played on the recently, ended drama 'Ms. Temper & Nam Junggi' was a bum that was good at everything besides getting a job. Do you think you have many capabilities?
I am to an extent, but I do not have a capability I excel in. Even if I have good motor skills, I lack in more specialized abilities such as endurance, reflexes, and flexibility. These are abilities that are obtained through consistent training/practice. There a lot of room for improvement.


Up to now, do you think you were given many opportunities? Or do you think the you lacked opportunities compared to your skills.
I think I was lucky to get many opportunities. However, that does not mean I will be lazy about my effort. There are people who view me nicely. I don't think I'm to the extent of, "This will not do at all." To be honest, I often hear, "You did better than we expected," from the directors and writers. Even the viewers of the movies and dramas I made appearances on say, "Hwang Chansung is alright." Due to my idol label, the expectations towards me aren't high. Even so, I had been doing this for ten years, I should be able to do the basics.


I keep forgetting that you first started off as an actor through the sitcom 'Unstoppable High-Kick' before you debuted as a singer.
It's possible, because I didn't focus on acting nor been active. The judgement standards are different for every person. The Olympics are starting soon, When you watch the competitions, there are people who wonder, "Is that all our country can do?" When I filmed for the variety program 'Cool Kidz on the Block,' I entered The Korea National Training Center, sigh. Try training with the athletes for just half a day. You cannot say such thing. It's hard be a member of a national team, but it's harder to last long.





From a previous interview, do you remember saying, "The greed to be accepted is greater." How was your determination to usher for 'Ms. Temper and Nam Junggi?
The picture of the drama was about the cons of a being an office worker. In the midst of the serious and the empathetic story, Nam Bonggi was the atmosphere lifter. He was jobless, but every time when the male and female leads faced difficulties, his role was to be a troubleshooter and breaking the occasional heavy atmosphere; I knew I had to do the best I could do. Before I worked on this project, my schedule was empty, so it helped that I spent my time relaxed.


Your shameless and nonchalant yet lovable character fit appeared to fit like a glove for you. That’s why there were some people that wondered if you were, rather than acting, just showing your usual self.
I think that’s something I should take as a compliment because Nam Bonggi and I have quite different personalities. I think I have a knack for acting out characters with comical elements. I starred in <5 brothers="" deoksuri=""> with Yoon Sanghyun sunbae. I also played a comical character then, so as we went into filming for , he told me “You’re going to do well this time too,” and that I should try romantic comedy in the future.


I’m curious. What kind of character would fit you?
Not only have I never starred in a romantic comedy, but it’s a genre I don’t often watch. Maybe a guy that tries to appear cool on the outside but ends up being naive and dopey when he’s with his girlfriend? I think I can make it interesting.


Is “entertaining” always the fundamental characteristic in whatever you do?
I think we should feel entertained ourselves. It’s the same as asking yourself “will this food taste good?” before ordering at a restaurant. The decision becomes easy because the conditions are simple. “This looks fun. I’ll do it.”


So how’d that go for you so far?
I’ve never broken records but I’m never ashamed of my filmography.


I heard that it’s been a little over a year since you’ve lived alone. Are you enjoying the solitude?
A: I’ve been enjoying it since it’s my first time living alone. I’ve dormed for a long time but I don’t feel lonely at all. I’ve always wanted to live alone. My parents will be upset if they hear this but I always wanted to live independently since middle school. I have the desire to make independent decisions and fulfill certain things on my own with no interferences.


I’ve also heard that you’ve studied psychology for 3 years. Did you start that for fun too?

I’ve always had a lot of unnecessary thoughts. I took even the smallest problems seriously. Even if that became a problem. In every situation I asked “why is that person acting that way?” “why is a certain thing happening?” But this became difficult as I had to struggle to answer these questions on my own. That is why I met with a psychology professor and had discussions. Why an author chose to use a certain word and what a sentence actually means were some of the questions I asked as I read books. Because of this, I began to gain a deeper understanding of other people and was able to organize my previously cluttered thoughts. Now, even when I do not understand someone’s actions or words, I think “there must be a reason for it” and move on.

-

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment